VK IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GREAT PEOPLE
VK is a multidisciplinary architecture and engineering office, delivering know how to four markets: Healthcare, Buildings, Industry and Public Space. VK has offices in Brussels, Charleroi, Merelbeke, Roeselare, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and Hanoi (Vietnam).
We offer our Healthcare-clients an integrated package of services: master planning, architecture, engineering, interior architecture and landscaping. Real estate developers, architects, industrial clients and public authorities call on VK for the engineering of buildings, industrial facilities and public space design. In all these assignments, sustainability is a top priority for VK.
At VK, your development is key to us. ‘VK Academy’, our knowledge platform, gives you the opportunity to further extend, strengthen and share your knowledge. Your career path can be mapped out in relation to our three organisational pillars: Operations – Business Development – Technology.
As a knowledge driven company, Technology plays a central role within VK and brings together our leading experts. They continuously reinforce the innovative strength and technical level of our service provision. This is not only of great and obvious benefit to our clients and their projects: it benefits our staff as well thanks to internal knowledge sharing.
We count on you too to contribute to making VK a company where innovation and quality are always increasing.
At VK, you will become a fully-fledged member of the team right from the outset, joining projects right away. The passion and drive of our staff is infectious. Our multidisciplinary approach, the exchange of innovative ideas and the concern for our projects’ carbon footprint take staff and projects to the next level.
Along with an attractive reward package, VK offers you a stable position in an international company with a clear, long-term vision and ongoing attention to innovation, research and development. What is more, you will be working on numerous challenging projects, in Belgium and abroad.
Do you want to help build VK’s future and achieve your own ambitions at the same time?
If so, click on the link below for a list of our vacancies.
We are also open to student work placements and joint ventures with universities.
You can find out more about our projects and knowhow on our website.
façade expert – m/f
To extend our integrated engineering solutions with high-specialized know-how, we search for our office in Brussels or Ghent (m/f) :
- Responsible for façade-technical design and optimisation of facade concepts.
- Collaborating within a multidisciplinary team and working together with architects, clients and building professionals of other disciplines.
- Participate to design workshops, with architects & engineers, to optimise cladding solutions for the project.
- Sketch details to develop façade concepts.
- Value engineering of facade design.
- Good knowledge of materials and innovations in the façade industry.
- Produce principal façade drawings, technical specifications and reports for tender documentation.
- Commenting on façade contractor proposals.
- Witnessing testing and preparing technical reports.
- Carrying out factory visits, site inspections and preparing technical reports.
Skills & experience
- Experience in Façade Industry or relevant facade engineering experience.
- Specialist in one or more disciplines within the broad field of façade engineering: Façade Design; Building Physics, Structural Engineering, Value Engineering, Cost estimations, Maintenance strategies, Buildability, …
- Able to act as exponents of today´s Façade Technology.
- You have a Master of Science in Civil Engineering, Master of Science in Civil and Architectural Engineering, master of architecture, possibly with a relevant postgraduate degree (Master Façade Engineering) – or equivalent experience.
- This vacancy is open to experienced engineers, who take the challenge to further expand our recenty established Façade Engineering cell with their expertise in façade-technical design.
- Sketching skills are a plus.
- Experienced knowledge in design software, building physics software tools and/or structural analysis tools for façade design are a plus.
- Hands-on, independent attitude.
- Creative thinking.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and social.
- Language: Dutch, French, English.
- Living in Belgium or interested in moving to Belgium.