VK IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GREAT PEOPLE
VK is a multidisciplinary architecture and engineering office, delivering know how to four markets: Healthcare, Buildings, Industry and Public Space. VK has offices in Brussels, Charleroi, Merelbeke, Roeselare, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and Hanoi (Vietnam).
We offer our Healthcare-clients an integrated package of services: master planning, architecture, engineering, interior architecture and landscaping. Real estate developers, architects, industrial clients and public authorities call on VK for the engineering of buildings, industrial facilities and public space design. In all these assignments, sustainability is a top priority for VK.
At VK, your development is key to us. ‘VK Academy’, our knowledge platform, gives you the opportunity to further extend, strengthen and share your knowledge. Your career path can be mapped out in relation to our three organisational pillars: Operations – Business Development – Technology.
As a knowledge driven company, Technology plays a central role within VK and brings together our leading experts. They continuously reinforce the innovative strength and technical level of our service provision. This is not only of great and obvious benefit to our clients and their projects: it benefits our staff as well thanks to internal knowledge sharing.
We count on you too to contribute to making VK a company where innovation and quality are always increasing.
At VK, you will become a fully-fledged member of the team right from the outset, joining projects right away. The passion and drive of our staff is infectious. Our multidisciplinary approach, the exchange of innovative ideas and the concern for our projects’ carbon footprint take staff and projects to the next level.
Along with an attractive reward package, VK offers you a stable position in an international company with a clear, long-term vision and ongoing attention to innovation, research and development. What is more, you will be working on numerous challenging projects, in Belgium and abroad.
Do you want to help build VK’s future and achieve your own ambitions at the same time?
If so, click on the link below for a list of our vacancies.
We are also open to student work placements and joint ventures with universities.
You can find out more about our projects and knowhow on our website.
fire safety engineer – m/f
To extend our integrated engineering solutions with high-specialized know-how, we search for our office in Ghent (m/f) :
FIRE SAFETY ENGINEER
- Develop innovative fire safety solutions that satisfy authorities’ requirements and that are cost-effective and sustainable. This involves analyzing designs in terms of potential fire growth, means of egress, structural fire resistance and smoke control by various methods including computer simulations.
- Participate to design workshops, with architects and engineers, to optimize building and FSE solutions for the project.
- Sketch details to develop fire safety concepts and to translate your ideas to clients and architects.
- Develop multi-criteria analysis and designs to present to clients & architects different solutions and their technical implementations on the project.
- Present and defend fire safety strategies during meetings with Authority Having Jurisdiction (fire brigade, insurer,…)
- Collaborating within a multidisciplinary team & working together with architects, clients and building professionals of other disciplines.
Skills & experience
- Understand installation drawings and technical drawings for all fire safety requirements.
- Strong affinity with architecture (fire compartmentation, evacuation path,…).
- Knowledge of CFD packages (such as FDS), evacuation packages (such as Pathfinder), zone models (such as Ozone) .
- Sketching, presentation and reporting skills are a must.
- Previous experience or affinity with FSE (relevant postgraduate or international degree).
- Hands-on, independent attitude.
- Creative thinking.
- Willing to learn, motivated, enthusiastic and social.
- Language: Dutch, French, English.
- Living in Belgium or interested in moving to Belgium.