VK IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GREAT PEOPLE
VK is a multidisciplinary architecture and engineering office, delivering know how to four markets: Healthcare, Buildings, Industry and Public Space. VK has offices in Brussels, Charleroi, Merelbeke, Roeselare, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and Hanoi (Vietnam).
We offer our Healthcare-clients an integrated package of services: master planning, architecture, engineering, interior architecture and landscaping. Real estate developers, architects, industrial clients and public authorities call on VK for the engineering of buildings, industrial facilities and public space design. In all these assignments, sustainability is a top priority for VK.
At VK, your development is key to us. ‘VK Academy’, our knowledge platform, gives you the opportunity to further extend, strengthen and share your knowledge. Your career path can be mapped out in relation to our three organisational pillars: Operations – Business Development – Technology.
As a knowledge driven company, Technology plays a central role within VK and brings together our leading experts. They continuously reinforce the innovative strength and technical level of our service provision. This is not only of great and obvious benefit to our clients and their projects: it benefits our staff as well thanks to internal knowledge sharing.
We count on you too to contribute to making VK a company where innovation and quality are always increasing.
At VK, you will become a fully-fledged member of the team right from the outset, joining projects right away. The passion and drive of our staff is infectious. Our multidisciplinary approach, the exchange of innovative ideas and the concern for our projects’ carbon footprint take staff and projects to the next level.
Along with an attractive reward package, VK offers you a stable position in an international company with a clear, long-term vision and ongoing attention to innovation, research and development. What is more, you will be working on numerous challenging projects, in Belgium and abroad.
Do you want to help build VK’s future and achieve your own ambitions at the same time?
If so, click on the link below for a list of our vacancies.
We are also open to student work placements and joint ventures with universities.
You can find out more about our projects and knowhow on our website.
fire safety engineer – m/f
To extend our advanced and integrated engineering solutions with high-specialized know-how, for our Belgian offices we are looking for a (m/f) :
FIRE SAFETY ENGINEER (FSE)
As part of the team you are responsible for the design of active and passive fire safety concepts.
Projects: office buildings, public buildings, industrial buildings, … .
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with architects and engineers to combine optimum concept with a thoughtful analysis of the risks and a sustainable solution for people, property and environment.
- Consultation with the various disciplines to ensure coordinated results.
- Participation in research at universities and higher education colleges.
- VK Academy gives you the opportunity to further develop, strengthen and share your knowledge with your colleagues. This way you contribute to lever innovation within VK and enhance the quality image of VK.
- Engineer, possibly with a relevant postgraduate or international degree in FSE – or equivalent experience.
- This vacancy is open to engineers with experience or affinity with FSE, who accept the challenge to join and strengthen the knowledge center.
- Strong affinity with architecture.
- Team spirit, excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing) and quality orientation are important.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and/or French is required.
- Knowledge of CFD packages (such as FDS, Ansys, CFX, Fluent), evacuation packages (such as STEPS, Exodus, Simulex), zone models (such as CFast, Ozone) and others (such as SAFIR, Diana, …) is not necessary but an asset.