VK IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GREAT PEOPLE
VK is a multidisciplinary architecture and engineering office, delivering know how to four markets: Healthcare, Buildings, Industry and Public Space. VK has offices in Brussels, Charleroi, Merelbeke, Roeselare, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and Hanoi (Vietnam).
We offer our Healthcare-clients an integrated package of services: master planning, architecture, engineering, interior architecture and landscaping. Real estate developers, architects, industrial clients and public authorities call on VK for the engineering of buildings, industrial facilities and public space design. In all these assignments, sustainability is a top priority for VK.
At VK, your development is key to us. ‘VK Academy’, our knowledge platform, gives you the opportunity to further extend, strengthen and share your knowledge. Your career path can be mapped out in relation to our three organisational pillars: Operations – Business Development – Technology.
As a knowledge driven company, Technology plays a central role within VK and brings together our leading experts. They continuously reinforce the innovative strength and technical level of our service provision. This is not only of great and obvious benefit to our clients and their projects: it benefits our staff as well thanks to internal knowledge sharing.
We count on you too to contribute to making VK a company where innovation and quality are always increasing.
At VK, you will become a fully-fledged member of the team right from the outset, joining projects right away. The passion and drive of our staff is infectious. Our multidisciplinary approach, the exchange of innovative ideas and the concern for our projects’ carbon footprint take staff and projects to the next level.
Along with an attractive reward package, VK offers you a stable position in an international company with a clear, long-term vision and ongoing attention to innovation, research and development. What is more, you will be working on numerous challenging projects, in Belgium and abroad.
Do you want to help build VK’s future and achieve your own ambitions at the same time?
If so, click on the link below for a list of our vacancies.
We are also open to student work placements and joint ventures with universities.
You can find out more about our projects and knowhow on our website.
structural façade engineer – m/f
To extend our integrated engineering solutions with high-specialized know-how, we search for our office in Brussels, Charleroi, Ghent or Roeselare(m/f):
STRUCTURAL FACADE ENGINEER
As structural façade engineer your role will include:
- Engineering of preliminary designs, detailed designs and prepare associated calculations, specifications, reports etc… as required for the execution of projects.
- Façade engineering design and buildability consultancy, including material knowledge in the following fields: glass, aluminium, precast concrete, architectural steel, lightweight structures, stone cladding etc…
- design sketches and reports for schematic design development and different construction phases of projects.
- and attend meetings with client consultants, architects, structural engineers, general contractors and façade contractors to determine the best façade designs & solutions.
- Coordinate and attend test mock-ups, factories, construction sites and produce detailed reports.
- Experience in testing and installation of different façade systems is a must.
- Be responsible for efficient and profitable completion of projects and tasks under your control whilst maintaining excellent technical standards and client satisfaction.
As structural façade engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering / Architecture.
- Relevant experience working in façade engineering in the construction industry.
- Proven experience with façade systems and design.
- Working knowledge of relevant standards and building codes.
- Experience in writing documentation and reports.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, highly organized.
- Languages: Dutch, French, English.