Your browser is not supported, switch to a different one for an optimal experience.

Soybean Crushing Co & Derivates

Location Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
Timeline 2017 - 2018

design and construction of a soybean crushing plant

Intro

The project consists of building a new soybean crushing plant next to the existing one on 230 x 350 meters of greenfield land. This extension includes storage silos (bunker silos and round metal silos), a "preparation and extraction building" and a feed manufacturing plant. As a result, the capacity of Soybean Co will be doubled.

Read more
Client(s)
  • Soybean Crushing Co & Derivates
Architects
  • VK
Stats
2000 tons/day

Story

This extension, which will include the provision of storage silo's, a ‘preparation & extraction building’ and feed mill, will double Soya Bean Co’s capacity.

Industry yanbu soybeancrushing 1 web

VK was approached by Soy Bean Crushing Co & Derivates to build a new soya crushing plant beside the existing one, on a greenfield site measuring 230 by 350 metres. This extension, which will include the provision of storage silos (bunker silo and round metal silos), a ‘preparation & extraction building’ and feed mill, will double Soya Bean Co’s capacity.

Soybean processing begins with the removal of the hulls (5% of the total weight of fresh soybeans), which are used as an ingredient in animal feed. The hulled beans are then crushed, which releases about 20% of the oil. Then organic solvents are added to the beans to extract the remaining 80% of the oil.

The oil is used in the food sector and for biodiesel. The soy waste that remains after removal of the organic solvents is immediately ground into soy flour, which is a protein-rich raw material mainly used for animal feed. A bunker silo with a loading station is also being built to store this residual product.

VK is taking charge of the entire architecture, stability and infrastructure study as well as coordinating the work.

Are you looking for a career at VK?

If you are passionate about design and engineering, show ambition and don’t shy away from a challenge, VK Architects & Engineers can offer you the opportunity to grow and develop your career.

Check out our jobs